More than two suspects believed to be involved in Akhyar Rashid robbery case

More than two suspects believed to be involved in Akhyar Rashid robbery case

More than two suspects believed to be involved in Akhyar Rashid robbery case

KUALA TERENGGANU: More than two suspects are believed to be involved in the assault and robbery case of Terengganu FC (TFC) player Akhyar Rashid last Thursday.

Kuala Terengganu District Police Chief, ACP Azli Mohd Noor, said this is based on the victim’s statement.

He also stated that they have conducted examinations through closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras in the area where the suspects passed, but no new clues were found.

He added that a special team has been formed to track down all the suspects involved.
According to Azli, so far, two witnesses have been called, including the victim’s sister and a food delivery rider.

“The victim is said to have briefly seen a car suspected to be a dark-colored Honda City, and the registration number is uncertain.

“The attackers are believed to be more than two people. The victim saw suspects coming out from behind the vehicle—two of them and one from the front,” he said.

He said this after the handover ceremony to former Director of the National Disaster Management Agency (NADMA) Operations Section, Datuk Mohd Khairi Khairudin, who was appointed as the Terengganu Police Chief effective today.

Mohd Khairi’s appointment is to replace Datuk Mazli Mazlan, who transferred to an agency under the Prime Minister’s Department (JPM), holding Mohd Khairi’s previous position.

Further commenting, Azli said that further investigation into the case is still ongoing, and they have also increased monitoring and patrols in the area of the player’s residence.

Therefore, the public is also urged not to speculate about the case, and those with information are asked to come forward to assist in the investigation.

Earlier, Akhyar suffered losses of nearly RM5,000 after being assaulted and robbed by unknown individuals in an incident in front of a condominium in Kuala Terengganu.

Following the incident, the 25-year-old player received four stitches on his head, two stitches on his left leg, and swelling on his left arm.

-Agency

CATEGORIES
Share This

COMMENTS

Wordpress (0)
Disqus ( )