Kuala Kubu Baharu By-Election: MACC scrutinizes Nga Kor Ming’s allocation of funds

Kuala Kubu Baharu By-Election: MACC scrutinizes Nga Kor Ming’s allocation of funds

PUTRAJAYA: The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) is currently examining the actions of the Minister of Housing and Local Government, Nga Kor Ming, who recently announced the allocation of infrastructure funds to Kuala Kubu Bharu (KKB).

MACC Chief Commissioner Tan Sri Azam Baki stated that they would investigate whether the incident involved elements of corruption or otherwise.

“The matter (the incident) is being considered by the complaints center (MACC), and so far, no investigation papers have been opened,” he told reporters after the Launching Ceremony of the National Anti-Corruption Strategy (NACS) 2024-2028 at the Putrajaya International Convention Centre (PICC) today.

On April 18, Nga announced an allocation of RM5.21 million to the Hulu Selangor Municipal Council (MPHS) to improve public infrastructure in the area. However, the action was criticized by several parties, who claimed that the funds were approved for political interests ahead of the Kuala Kubu Baharu State Legislative Assembly by-election.

In a separate development, Azam stated that they had no intention of detaining former Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad regarding the asset declaration issue.

“That’s no longer the case. We have no intention of detaining him (Mahathir); the investigation is still ongoing,” he said.

Azam previously revealed that Tun Mahathir Mohamad was among the high-profile individuals being investigated by the MACC regarding asset declaration, which prompted both his sons, Datuk Mirzan Mahathir and Tan Sri Mohkzani Mahathir, to be served notices to declare their assets within the specified period under Section 36 of the MACC Act 2009.

CATEGORIES
Share This

COMMENTS

Wordpress (0)
Disqus ( )