Faisal Halim seeks prayers from the people of Malaysia, Case taken over by Bukit Aman

Faisal Halim seeks prayers from the people of Malaysia, Case taken over by Bukit Aman

Shah Alam: Selangor FC’s Faisal Halim is asking the people of Malaysia to pray for his speedy recovery after suffering severe injuries from an acid attack last Sunday. This was shared by the Deputy President of the Selangor Football Association (FAS), Datuk Seri Shahril Mokhtar, while visiting Faisal at a private hospital in Shah Alam on Tuesday.

According to Shahril, he managed to meet with Faisal before he underwent his second surgery at 5:30 p.m. today.

“I managed to meet with him. He asked for prayers for a quick recovery and sent his regards to his friends.

“So, let us pray for his recovery and hope that this second surgery this afternoon goes smoothly,” he said.

Faisal is currently receiving intensive treatment, and doctors have confirmed that he suffered fourth-degree burns as a result of being splashed with concentrated sulfuric acid by an unknown individual.

The national winger is also scheduled to undergo several more surgeries in the near future.

In further investigation developments, the individual arrested in the vicinity of Bandar Baru Bangi in connection with the acid attack on national footballer Faisal Halim has been remanded for five days for further investigation into the incident.

Selangor Police Chief Datuk Hussein Omar Khan said the suspect, a local man in his thirties, was brought to the Petaling Jaya Magistrate’s Court for remand proceedings.

“The suspect, aged around 30, has been remanded for five days for further investigation.

“This case will be taken over by the Royal Malaysian Police’s Elite Crime Investigation Unit (USJT) at Bukit Aman for further action,” he said on Tuesday.

On Monday, police announced that the suspect was arrested late in the evening in the Bandar Baru Bangi area.

The suspect is the second individual arrested, following the first arrest involving a man apprehended in Pandan Indah, Ampang, on Sunday.

It is understood that in the incident on Sunday, the Selangor FC player was approached by two motorcycle-borne individuals before they splashed acid on him.

Faisal was then rushed to a private hospital in Petaling Jaya for further treatment.

Share This


Wordpress (0)
Disqus ( )